Friday, October 3, 2008

Creating Near Death Memories

The cabin has always been one of my favorite places to go. I love going all year round, but my favorite has always been the winter. When we were younger I tried to kill Jeff while tubing by making him go head first down the mountain across the street from the cabin. Half way down the tube stopped but he didn't. Don't worry, the sagebrush stopped him. Years later Heather tried to kill me while sledding when she broke my tailbone by pushing my off the sled. My mom got goosed in the behind by a giant stick while being pulled behind a snowmobile in a tube one year, (she probably almost died, too). Despite all the near deaths I look forward to going up this winter (and probably almost dying again in one way or another).

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I am sure we have all had our share of near death experiences. I know I have had my fair share, like when grandpa and I decided to crash the motorcycle, I was sure I was going to die then. You know that cut on my finger was life threatening. :)

stephanie wilkerson said...

I remember the sledding incident. I was right behind you on the mountain. Remeber sleddin down the hill across the street (ha ha street). What were we thinking? road, cars, big curve in the road with no way to see. DUH!